Acid-VR Designs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Acid-VR Designs. A-VRD is a small community making it's way up. Join up and get tagging.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raters Test

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabbleh

Dabbleh

Raters Test Empty
PostSubject: Raters Test   Raters Test Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:25 am

Yes, you read the title correctly. This is a test to see if you have the ability to rate correctly. So all rating shops will be shut down for now, and until you're approved, you cannot have a rating shop.
Here's how it works:
I'm going to post three tags here, and you will Rate them and post it here and will be PMed if you have made it.

Rules:
# Post me your ratings.
# Again, do not suck-up for a better chance of making it.
# Don't tell others who the tag belongs to. I want them to rate based on what they think of it, not what the person has been rated.
# I want paragraphs for each tag. Not just a skill level, but also why they're that level.
# You may only test once every two weeks.

When you make your approved thread, after getting my PM, PM me back and send me the link to your thread.
Also, I'll be leaving this thread open for QUESTIONS dealing with this for the next few days.

Now, onto the tags...

1#
Raters Test Tag11

2#
Raters Test Guitar

3#
Raters Test Wonder
Back to top Go down
lguan
Admin
lguan

Raters Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raters Test   Raters Test Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:12 am

They're all novice imo.

1#
Raters Test Tag11
The white border doesn't really fit the concept, nor does it go very well with the rest of the tag. The huge bar with text running down it is really distracting and breaks the flow.The effects are really chaotic and messy, and they're just going all over the place. The lighting on the far left corner isn't really producing any lighting whatsoever, because the rest of the tag is not reacting to the light source.

2#
Raters Test Guitar
The focal point is a little hard to distinguish, because of all the splatters and c4d's just thown in. The huge text on top (and the text on the bottom) is really unnecessary and another distraction from the focal. The focal point should be obvious. Again, really chaotic and messy.

3#
Raters Test Wonder
The text here is really unnecessary. A tag does not require text, and you dont have to think up some random word that you think up when you look a the stock or the tag, just for the sake of adding text. Messy and chaotic effects once more. And most of the effects and hiding up the focal. The bottom looks like random brushing, and there's light coming out of almost every direction, the placement of effects were kind of random.

Just for the sake o CnC, I just included details on how to improve. Harsh CnC ftw :S.
Also, wouldn't it make more sense to PM the ratins to you? Otherwise, people could copy the comments of others.
Back to top Go down
http://lguan.deviantart.com/
+mw.pmi

+mw.pmi

Raters Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raters Test   Raters Test Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 am

#1: Moderate (text needs work, else choose another font that fits)
#2: Low Intermediate (Pretty clean, flows fine. Average at this level)
#3: Moderate (Lighting doesn't fit directly. But is ok)
Back to top Go down
http://www.globalsigalliance.com/forums
Sponsored content

Raters Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raters Test   Raters Test Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raters Test
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Acid-VR Designs :: Artistic Corner :: Classification Thread-
Jump to: